The Share the Ride NC Website Privacy Statement
1) Collection: GoTriangle and/or RideShark (“we” or “us”) gathers various information about users of the rideshare Website and the rideshare programs available on that site (the “Website”). This information includes: (a) personal information, provided through voluntary registration; (b) personal information regarding your use of the Website, including but not limited to the identity of people who you are matched with by the Website and the content of any messages that you send to another person using the Website; (c) personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions); (d) personal information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you access; (e) aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and (f) cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping. You further authorize us to collect personal information about you from any public source. The personal information collected will be held by us or on our behalf by such other agent as we may appoint from time to time.
2) Purposes: The personal information you provide will be used for the following purposes: (a) verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details for use of the Website; (b) to allow you to use the Website and to match you with potential rideshare partners; (c) to provide you with further information about the Website or other services offered by us or which we consider may be of interest to you; (d) to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users; (e) to respond to any requests for information made by your employer; (f) to investigate any complaints relating to misuse of the Website or misconduct in relation to rideshares organized directly or indirectly through the Website and to take any action we deem necessary to protect the safety of yourself and others in relation to those complaints; and (g) analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous).
3) Disclosure: You agree that GoTriangle or RideShark may disclose:
a. the following personal information to potential rideshare partners to enable you to contact each other;
i. first name
ii. email address
iii. phone number(s)
v. smoking habits
vi. your commuting origin, destination and schedule for the trip for which you have requested a rideshare
b. personal information about you to your employer by giving them access to your account;
c. your personal information to your employer where you have been misusing the Website;
d. personal information about you to your employer, the police or other government authorities where we believe it is reasonably necessary to protect your safety or the safety of other people you have been ridesharing with where these rideshares have been organized directly or indirectly through the Website.
e. your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law; and
f. aggregate information and other information that does not personally identify you to such third parties as we may see fit.
4) With the exception of disclosures listed in 3(a)-(f) above GoTriangle or RideShark will not share or sell any personal information about you to outside entities.
5) Consequences of non-provision of information: Failure to provide necessary personal information requested at the time of registration for or use of the Website may result in certain services not being available to you.
6) Security: We are committed to your privacy and strive to protect the personal and confidential information of those who use our Website. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.