Emergency Ride Home
Though you may never need it (and we hope you won’t), you have a ride home if an emergency ever strikes.
Emergency Ride Home (ERH) is available when:
• You or an immediate family member gets sick or has a severe crisis
• Your carpool driver has to unexpectedly leave early or stay late
• You must work unscheduled overtime
If you need to pick up your sick child or pick up medication, you may make a side trip on the way home. ERH is at your service so you never have to worry about finding a ride when you need it most.
Registering is easy, and the ride is free
After you register for the ERH program, you will be able to print a free voucher good for a rental car or taxi ride home. You may use the service twice in any given month, up to six times per calendar year. You can only print a voucher on the day of the emergency. Detailed instructions for the service will be provided once you register. ERH users are responsible for the taxi driver’s tip or gas/late fees used in the rental car. If you have already registered with STRNC, please login for instructions, or to print a ERH ride voucher.
To qualify for ERH, you must:
• Be a part-time or full-time employee*
• Work or live in Durham, Orange or Wake counties
• Have shared a ride, taken the bus, biked or walked to work on the day the ride is needed
* You must work for a registered employer to take more than one emergency ride home annually. List of registered employers found here.
Full list of Participation Guidelines found here.